Given the rapid growth of India, there’s a heavy focus on driving increased efficiencies, demand management, and renewable integration. Some India fast facts:
- India requires 100,000 MW of additional generation capacity in the next six years;
- Electricity sector investment is expected at over $400b (USD) in the same time period;
- 2,500 MW of renewable power will be added to India’s grid annually.
Download PointView Mobile Now!
Click to download
- The Asian Smart Grid market will reach $22.2 billion by 2015 (NanoMarkets);
- China and India will account for 75% of the Asian Smart Grid market in this same time period (NanoMarkets);
- South Korea intends to have a Smart Grid system by 2030;
- Japan’s shift to renewable power is expected to require $74 billion by 2030 (Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry).